Online chronic pain management program
1 in 5 Australians suffer from chronic pain. Chronic pain is a condition in which the nervous system can become highly sensitised, leading to pain long after the tissues or initial injury has healed. Chronic pain is a condition in its own right, and involves strong connections between the body and mind. Chronic pain management programs can help you manage chronic pain and lead a meaningful and fulfilling life.
About the online chronic pain management program.
Our health professionals aim to tailor your treatment package to your individual needs by involving you in the planning and decision making process. By developing a package that suits you and your lifestyle, this online chronic pain management program aims to help you manage your condition with confidence, achieve better physical and mental outcomes, and ultimately lead a more meaningful and fulfilled life.
Chronic pain is an complex condition involving various body systems and connections between the body and mind. Managing chronic pain is best approached with a multiple therapies that address movement and exercise, activity modification, psychological and emotional well being, understanding of your condition, stress management and flare up management.
Julia is trained with the Australian Physiotherapy and Pilates Institute and is a registered physiotherapist and member of the Australian Physiotherapy Association, The Continence Foundation of Australia and Women’s Health Training Associates. Read more about Julia.
All members of our multidisciplinary team are registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Registration agency
The BRAVE online pain management program is delivered via an online platform from start to finish, meaning you can access the program, your group sessions and your 1:1 consultations from the privacy and comfort of your home, without the uncomfortable and costly travel. A link to your online tele-health service is provided to you once your have your initial assessment booked. Your resources, questionnaires and homework are also provided online.
BRAVE. Online chronic pain management program inclusions.
- Online, telehealth initial assessment and consultation to establish your goals for treatment and suitability for the program.
- Online resources and workbook to help you understand and take control of your pain condition.
- 24 hours of group and individual pain management education and activities delivered via an online platform over 6 weeks. Your online sessions will be conducted with a pain health professional, meaning you can interact with each other, ask questions and tailor the sessions to meet yours and the groups individual needs.
- Mindfulness Meditation for Pain Relief, delivered by a psychologist to guide you in the art of mindfulness therapy [live].
- Guided, gradual introduction to exercise therapy for pain relief delivered by a physiotherapist [live].
- 1:1 progress check-ins with your pain management health care professional online.
- Individualised treatment program and homework to help you continue on the road to recovery.
“Co-author of The Explain Pain Handbook: Protectometer, Dr David Butler, founder of the Neuro Orthopaedic Institute, says that “it is no longer acceptable that pain be just managed: we must expect that it can be treated, and sufferers can alter it themselves through education.”
- Sessions are often compensable, meaning that if you have a current Workcover, Worksafe or 3rd party claim then you may be eligible to participate in the program under your current claim number, with no out of pocket expenses.
- For private clients, sessions start at $75 per session for a 1:1 online consultation and $45 for group sessions.
- Out of fairness to our other clients, 6 hours notice is required for all cancellations. Failure to give 6 hours notice for a cancellation will result in a 50% fee for that consultation that is not included in the package price.
- Payment is received up front, invoices are issued following completion of your follow up consultation.
Spaces are limited so bookings are essential.
Please call 0497 098 881 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. Once your booking is confirmed, you may like to complete our Registration Form prior to your first consultation. If you are pregnant please also complete the PARmed-X for pregnancy questionnaire, including section C.
It empowered me.
I now know how very fortunate I was to be able to participate in both group and individual sessions of mindfulness core stability classes. It empowered me as I was given essential tools to help continue with my own sessions at home.
I love Pilates.
I love my core stability class. I always leave my classes knowing exactly how to complete the moves, what I should feel when I am doing them and which area they are strengthening or stretching. Even better, I get fit and have a fun time while doing so.
I was very fortunate to be able to do Pilates classes with Julia.
I now know how very fortunate I was to be able to participate in both group and individual sessions of mindfulness core stability classes with Julia. It empowered me as I was given essential tools to help continue with my own sessions at home.
I cannot recommend Julia highly enough.
I love Pilates with Julia. She is such a knowledgeable practitioner who uses her extensive physiotherapy skills to create Pilates classes that target and improve key areas. I always leave Julia’s classes knowing exactly how to complete the moves, what I should feel when I am doing them and which area they are strengthening or stretching. Even better, I get fit and have a fun time while doing so.
I recommend it for all women after child birth.
I thought my body had recovered from child birth and that everything was fine. I returned to exercise including jogging. A few people questioned me about whether it as too soon post birth. I started to worry that I could cause myself damage in the long run so had an assessment with Julia to put my mind at ease. The assessment was thorough and professional. I recommend it for all women after child birth.