chronic pain management
1 in 5 Australians suffer from chronic pain. Chronic pain is a condition in which the nervous system can become highly sensitised, leading to pain long after the tissues or initial injury has healed. Chronic pain is a condition in its own right, and involves strong connections between the body and mind. Chronic pain management programs can help you manage chronic pain and lead a meaningful and fulfilling life.
About the BRAVE chronic pain management program.
BRAVE chronic pain management is an individual chronic pain management program encompassing the support of face-to-face therapies, the outcomes of evidence based practice and the strength of compassionate healthcare. We offer an individualised physiotherapy program aimed at delivering positive chronic pain outcomes in a kind and safe environment. Our program is evidence based and encompasses both mind and body therapies.
Our health professionals aim to tailor your treatment package to your individual needs by involving you in the planning and decision making process. By developing a program that suits you and your lifestyle, this 1:1 individual chronic pain management program aims to help you manage your condition with confidence, achieve better physical and mental outcomes and ultimately lead a more meaningful and fulfilled life.
Chronic pain is a complex condition involving various body systems and connections between the body and mind. Managing chronic pain is best approached with multiple therapies that address movement and exercise, activity modification, psychological and emotional well being, understanding of your condition, stress management and flare up management.
Julia is trained with the Australian Physiotherapy and Pilates Institute and is a registered physiotherapist and member of the Australian Physiotherapy Association, The Continence Foundation of Australia and Women’s Health Training Associates. Read more about Julia.
All members of our multidisciplinary team are registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Registration agency
Rise Wellness Studio
5a/25 Noble Street, Gerringong, NSW, 2534
BRAVE. Chronic pain management program inclusions.
- Initial assessment and consultation to establish your goals for treatment and suitability for the program.
- Reports and allied health recovery requests for compensable claims.
- Access to resources and workbook to help you understand and take control of your pain condition.
- Individual pain management education, exercises and activities conducted with a pain health professional, meaning you can interact with each other, ask questions and tailor the sessions to meet your individual needs.
- Mindfulness meditation for pain relief sessions aimed at guiding you in the art of mindfulness therapy.
- Guided, gradual introduction to pilates and yoga based exercise therapy for pain relief delivered by a physiotherapist.
- 1:1 progress check-ins with your pain management health care professional.
- Individualised treatment program and homework to help you continue on the road to recovery.
“Co-author of The Explain Pain Handbook: Protectometer, Dr David Butler, founder of the Neuro Orthopaedic Institute, says that “it is no longer acceptable that pain be just managed: we must expect that it can be treated, and sufferers can alter it themselves through education.”
- Sessions are often compensable, meaning that if you have a current Workcover, Worksafe or 3rd party claim then you may be eligible to participate in the program under your current claim number, with no out of pocket expenses.
- For private clients, sessions start at $75 per session for a 1:1 online consultation and $45 for group sessions.
- Out of fairness to our other clients, 6 hours notice is required for all cancellations. Failure to give 6 hours notice for a cancellation will result in a 50% fee for that consultation that is not included in the package price.
- Payment is received up front, invoices are issued following completion of your follow up consultation.
Bookings can be made online for our Gerringong studio via https://calm-connection-physiotherapy.cliniko.com/bookings#location
It empowered me.
I now know how very fortunate I was to be able to participate in both group and individual sessions of mindfulness core stability classes. It empowered me as I was given essential tools to help continue with my own sessions at home.
I love Pilates.
I love my core stability class. I always leave my classes knowing exactly how to complete the moves, what I should feel when I am doing them and which area they are strengthening or stretching. Even better, I get fit and have a fun time while doing so.
I was very fortunate to be able to do Pilates classes with Julia.
I now know how very fortunate I was to be able to participate in both group and individual sessions of mindfulness core stability classes with Julia. It empowered me as I was given essential tools to help continue with my own sessions at home.
I cannot recommend Julia highly enough.
I love Pilates with Julia. She is such a knowledgeable practitioner who uses her extensive physiotherapy skills to create Pilates classes that target and improve key areas. I always leave Julia’s classes knowing exactly how to complete the moves, what I should feel when I am doing them and which area they are strengthening or stretching. Even better, I get fit and have a fun time while doing so.
I recommend it for all women after child birth.
I thought my body had recovered from child birth and that everything was fine. I returned to exercise including jogging. A few people questioned me about whether it as too soon post birth. I started to worry that I could cause myself damage in the long run so had an assessment with Julia to put my mind at ease. The assessment was thorough and professional. I recommend it for all women after child birth.